View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
BWF07

Drives: 2007 Corvette Coupe
And who said there would be a ZR1 in the C7 generation. Sure GM has to develop a high performance model. but no one knows what it will be badged as or even when it will come out.

As far as beating the Ferrari, the days of the old Le Mans are done, but Corvette Racing seems to be doing a good job of carrying the Stars & Stripes pretty well over the past 12 years or so.

Lets face it the horsepower race that seems to be going on, don't transfer to the track. Well at least in the sports car arena. the SRT Viper in ALMS id not anywhere close to rated HP of the street car.

Here is a bit from and interview from Road & track with Tadge Jueshter on the rising HP of the modern car.

"As for that ever-rising tide of horsepower, we asked Juechter whether many sports cars, including Corvettes, are approaching the limits of usable force.

"I wish we could call a global conference and end the horsepower war," he says, "but I don't see that happening." A few true believers, he agrees, will prefer the light and lightly powered approach of a Lotus, but most buyers still want bragging rights.

Lets also face it, where can you use the the HP in the Viper, the ZR1, the 458 or F12 Ferrari or any of the super cars. Unless you track your car, you won't use it . In fact I would say the vast majority of the owners never come close to using the car to it full potential, but at the local car show or cruise-in they can sit around and brag about all the HP they have under the hood.
BWF07 is offline   Reply With Quote