View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 08:22 AM   #2
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Pg. 17 'Trend'...Camaro Update

I'm just picking out the interesting points;

"The front-axle centerline on the Camaro has been moved about 50mm further forward than it is on the Holden Commodore....allows the Camaro to run 20" wheels without compromising steering lock."

That being said, I don't see 20" wheels being offered from the factory. From what I've heard, look for 17" and/or 18" wheels, with 19" being optional. As further proof 20's won't be offered from the factory, the G8 showcar has 20" wheels, but it's stated that 19" wheels will be the largest.
Personally, I'm not a fan of the BIG RIM RUBBERBAND TIRE look. I think anything bigger than 20" on the Camaro would look.......
While I have similar tastes and do not prefer the "big rim rubberband look" (I like that phrase, I may have to borrow it!), I wouldn't be suprised if 20's ARE offered. They are not being offered on the G8 becasue it is simply a rebadge of the Commodore, correct? But if they are making concessions to allow for 20's on the Camaro by moving the front wheels forward, then why would they not offer them?

It just doesn't seem to make sense why GM would go out of their way and incur further engineering expenses for something like that, and then turn around and not offer them.

Either way, it will be 18's MAYBE 19's for me..... As often as I will go through a set of tires, I don't want to pay the extra money for tires to fit those 20's!

EDIT: Thanks for the info by the way!
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote