View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 08:10 AM   #1
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Motor Trend - April 2007

Pg. 17 'Trend'...Camaro Update

I'm just picking out the interesting points;

"The front-axle centerline on the Camaro has been moved about 50mm further forward than it is on the Holden Commodore....allows the Camaro to run 20" wheels without compromising steering lock."

That being said, I don't see 20" wheels being offered from the factory. From what I've heard, look for 17" and/or 18" wheels, with 19" being optional. As further proof 20's won't be offered from the factory, the G8 showcar has 20" wheels, but it's stated that 19" wheels will be the largest.
Personally, I'm not a fan of the BIG RIM RUBBERBAND TIRE look. I think anything bigger than 20" on the Camaro would look.......

"The Camaro coupe and convertible are close to production versions, say GM insiders. The roof on the coupe will be raised about 15mm for production, and the body sides will be pulled in 5-10mm."

"GM sources say entry-level versions will retail from about $21,000. Thats because they'll use the cheaper to build pushrod 3.9-liter V-6 as the entry level engine. .....mated with the 6-speed manual or auto."

As I always take what I read in the "car rags" with a "grain of salt", this info. seems somewhat legit.

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote