View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 10:58 AM   #67
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
That is exactly what we should expect to see for the next 20-30 years. We’re not gonna just wake up in 2035 and all the ICE vehicles are gone. Thing is, most ICE vehicles that will be left will have some form of electric assist. Over time, there will be more BEV than anything else. That’s probably in the 2040-ish timeframe, when most of us on this site today will be racing wheelchairs in some retirement up. That or looking up at the lawn.
If I'm lucky, I'll live another 30 years +/-5. I'll transition out of the workforce in 7 to 9.

My quandary is will I be allowed to operate ICE in its current form. Many EU cities restrict what types (emission level) can be operated in cities now. If I keep my Aplha Camaro, will its operation be severely restricted? If I (as I planned) buy a 1970 Chevelle SS, will I be allowed to drive it.

Saying ICE with electric assist will remain past 2030 doesn't mean our current cars won't be forced off the road. I've mentioned before, California already has done this with diesel engines where they forced pre 2010 out of the state.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote