View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 01:12 PM   #20
ARS1

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE - Hyper Blue
The ride of the 1LE is rough I will admit but it's rough in a good way if that makes sense. I'd never tell anyone to buy a 1LE as a daily driver for that simple reason. It's bumpy because the suspension is hard mounted with no bushings or rubber to absorb impacts but it's supposed to be like that for a reason! BesidesI'm looking at trading my Focus RS in on a ZL1 in Auto for the wife to drive here and there instead of her Yukon, so if I want the power and the ride I can just drive that.

The things I didn't like about the Mustang are small things but small things that start to bug you after a while. For instance I have young kids and every time you put them in the back seat you always have to adjust your backrest back to the position you had it in before. The Camaro the seat flips up easier and it goes back to where you had it set when you push it back. The Shelby didn't even have power seats because they were the Recaro's. The Shelby had power but no where near the power the ZL1 has and to me the Shelby interior felt cheaper than the ZL1 and from the cars I have you can see I know the difference in the interiors. The 5.2L Flat Plain Crank vibrates like a 1980's women's play toy and everything in that car starts to rattle at some point. And the biggest issue was I was just scared to touch the car... Soooo many of them have had motors replaced do to oil leaks, oil pump gears shattering, oil lines blowing off etc... So I was terrified to mod the car at all and have the motor pop out of warranty! The ZL1 1LE I feel comfortable doing engine mods to after I get it broken in as I'm not one to leave a car stock for very long... Who doesn't want Headers, Exhaust, Cam etc. on a ZL1... I know I do!!!

There's just so many things that make even a ZL1 a far better car than the GT350 and when you put the 1LE package into the equation there's just no comparison. You get a more comfortable "even with the bumpy ride" driving experience, more power and loads of other options that you can forget about getting on a GT350. I love the alcantera seats and Ford won't let you do them with ventilated seats only heated. Well GM sure made it work and the seats in the ZL1 work way better in that aspect as well.

And I'm sure everyone can agree that if you put the 2 side by side the ZL1 1LE makes a GT350 look like a Fusion... This isn't hate on Ford or anything I still own a few Ford's and will always prefer an F250 over a Silverado or Sierra any day but on the performance side Chevy has the upper hand at this point in the game.

This is my current F250 on a Kelderman 6"-8" Air Lift and tons of other mods. And yes it's Tuned and Deleted running a +200hp PPEI Tune.

And before

'18 Jeep JL Rubicon - Blue - Wife's Ride
'17 F250 6.7L 4x4 Lariat Ult. Shadow Black -Kelderman 6"-8" Air Lift -Big Truck
ARS1 is offline   Reply With Quote