View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRRRRAH View Post
Does anyone else have this problem...going over a rough road the top rattles in the rear, like something is loose or not adjusted right or hitting against the rear deck (I think the fifth bow is doing this). Its so damn annoying and happens even when tunring into a driveway. And this rattle is more pronounced when the windows are up. The top also creaks in the rear passenger area when turning from a driveway onto the street.

I've taken the Camaro to two dealers so far--one twice. The first visit resulted in a diagnosis that a TSB needed to be implemented, but parts needed to be ordered. Funny thing though I didn't hear back from the dealer about when the part was in even though I called three times to find out what was going on. So I gave up. That was about a year ago. I tried another dealer and was told there is no problem with the top--the noise is normal. And just this week, I returned to the first dealer in hopes of getting this fixed (maybe the part was in). Well, I just got off the phone with the dealer and was told there is no problem with the top (don't know if they looked up my record from last year).

Am I nuts? Does anyone else have this happening? I love the Camaro--especially when the top is down. But I hate hearing this rattle over and over again, especially since roads in the DC area can be very uneven. Ugggg.

Any guidance would be great! ANd thanks for letting me vent. Its all so frustrating and time consuming (the second dealer had my car for almost a month since they ordered a wrong part for something else...).

Also if anyone has had a good experience with a DC/MD/VA area dealer service department, let me know!
GRRRRAH,

Sorry to hear about the rattling noise you're experiencing. I know this must be displeasing for you and we're here to help. Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like additional assistance. Although I'm unable to guarantee any specific resolution, perhaps I can get things moving in the right direction.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care