View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #16
Stinkpaw

Drives: 2014 C7, 3LT, Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
EDIT: Also, people are spending more money for a different experience. Jaguar dealers are more upscale, the sales staff different than people who sell mostly cruzes and equinoxs, and as many many corvette owners attest, Chevrolet service is very hit or miss as far as professionalism, and its certainly not the level you'd expect when spending 60+ thousand on a performance vehicle.
Not trying to sound like a snob but you are absolutely right. My first experience at a Chevy dealership was ordering my C7 and I felt like I had to take a shower afterward.

- One salesman tried to steal my order from the person I had already been working with.

- I was lied to about their available allocations (and 5 months later my car still isn't in production!)

- I wanted the Corvette tire valve thingies and was told 'Sorry buddy you gotta order those separate from our parts department.' I'm dropping $80k (w/tax) on a car and you are going to make me jump through hoops to get a $50 accessory!?!?

Vastly different experience than at MB or Lexus. Even buying my gf a Subaru was 100 times more pleasant. If I had found this forum sooner I would have bought from Becky in MI and driven it home. She seems like a quality person.

Back on topic. I was going to buy an F-type. The V-8 sound is awesome and in person the car is gorgeous. Pics don't seem to do it justice.

Then I saw a C7 in person and fell in love with the looks. To me it just looks pissed off, and I love it! So while I'm still relatively young I decided to get the C7 and go for a more refined car down the road.

As far as comparing the ride you'll have to ask someone else. I don't know squat about cars. Both exceed my driving capabilities.
Stinkpaw is offline   Reply With Quote