View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #16
C7vette

Drives: 2009 CLK550
Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Pateman View Post
I hate the reasoning that "military guys risk life and limb" and therefore deserve a discount. Nobody is forcing you to join the military, it's your decision to join, and you should do that because you want to serve, not to get discounts. It's the armed forces, not groupon.

My point: if the only way you can purchase a C7 (or any other $60-70K car) is with a discount, you can't afford it.
I don't think anyone joins the military to get discounts on cars (or anything else). These are courageous individuals who voluntarily risk their life for our country. I have an immense amount of respect for the men and women of our armed forces.

I don't want to get in to an argument here. I don't think the idea in starting this thread was to ask for a military discount but just to point out that it's not offered on the vette where as it is on most if not all other models.

As for affordability, even people who can afford a $70k wouldn't mind a discount if one could be obtained. Asking or wanting a discount is not an indicator of affordability.

Just my humble opinion, sorry if I offended anyone.
C7vette is offline   Reply With Quote