View Single Post
Old 10-16-2023, 02:35 PM   #42
shippingguy

Drives: 2024 Black ZL1, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedysteve77 View Post
Factory upgrade is completed. I definitely can feel the difference in weight savings, but have not fully pushed the car aggressively yet. The brakes do bite fairly hard as they warm up, but at first when cold do have a slightly soft feel to them. But then again with r compound tires that have to warm up before grip, it does not bother me. Overall the upgrade went fairly smooth and as expected. I will post all the parts used throughout the build soon enough. My overall cost was slightly higher than normal as i opted to buy new 1LE factory front calipers and rotors so i had an entire set to revert to stock whenever. This was partially due to my desire to have all the calipers powdercoated to match my body color. Ive attached more pics below. Also opted for another personal touch on my supercharger cover while i had calipers at the powdercoater. Decided to have the machined area done to match my body color also. At the end of the day, i am super pleased and absolutely love the look and feel of the brakes. Besides, what is not to love about doing a factory GM upgrade on your GM vehicle!!! Enjoy the pics!
Looks really good. What decals did you use for the calipers? Did you clear over the decals?