View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 11:46 AM   #31
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I don't know about the rest of you guys here, but I plan on not putting any deposits down on anything and go into the local Chev dealers and pull all sorts of bluffs of threatening to get a Mustang and Challenger as a negotiating ploy. Everytime the salesperson comes up with a ridiculous over MSRP number (guaranteed they will), I'll start mentioning that 'oh I went to the Ford dealer down the street and they're offering me 'this' for a fully loaded Mustang GT and that I went to a Dodge dealer and they offered me such and such for a fully loaded Challenger with a Hemi and then see what they do. If the bottom line is still too high, I'll walk away and then invariably wait for the numerous phone calls they make at my work and home numbers. That's the only way boys. That's the beauty of having more muscle cars on the market in '08-'09. It gives us much greater power of negotiations. Use it and use it wisely. Don't let dealers take you for a ride. They don't usually care about your loyalty, only there own bottom line.

Another thing, don't show gung ho excitement when you walk into the showroom in a couple of years and see the Camaros sitting there. You'll be screwed for sure then. Poker face always wins.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote