View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 01:17 PM   #14
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
Hi Guys! As a Canadian, I have to reply to this thread. For a very long time GM has been building cars in the US and Canada. The international boundary line has been blurred for a very long time, officially when the Free Trade Agreement was signed in the 60's. GM itself is made up of a lot of Canadian companies that were purchased over the years. Personally I consider it one and the same. Am I happy the car is being built in Oshawa? Yes, very much so. Why? Because it will be built at the Plant that was rated number one for quality. The last thing we need is to have the Camaro come out and the publics impression of it is sub standard. Oshawa has a history of building top rated vehicles and hopefully the trend will continue. As far as Australia in on the design process, anyone that was in Detroit last January for the unveiling was made aware that a lot of the engineers were going to Australia to continue on with the process. GM has just followed the pattern they have tried to form by amalgamating departments to cut waste.
I work at GM Powertrain here in St. Catharines, Ontario. I would be very proud if we were given the opportunity to build the drive train for the new Camaro. We also have a high quality standard and we build engines for the Corvette, trucks and many other GM models. Also, right or wrong, I consider America as North America. What is good for one is good for the other. Always has been, always will be. IMO

Last edited by 3whiterag; 01-28-2007 at 09:13 PM.
3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote