View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 05:38 AM   #12
Track

Drives: Z51 Corvette Convertible
Glen e - I am the idiot that started this whole thread. I tend to agree with you. My question to you is after dropping the oil .5 quarts you have had no problems? How many miles on your car? Are you aggressive on the car periodically? I am taking the car back to the dealer on Tuesday. They had to order the air filter. They are going to change oil, clean things up and put in new air filter. They are going to allow me to watch the mechanic open up the air box is I can learn and do it at home. It looks like its tricky with the antifreeze line running across it. My car has the original oil and the factory level was exactly at the full mark. Not too much or too little. I was checking it after 7 minutes which seemed to be the right time to wait after full warm-up. At the same time I did have visitors over Memorial Day and took folks for rides and showing off with about 2,000 miles on the car. Could be some blow-by too. I will know more when we get the air box open and see where the the oil is coming in from.
To be prudent I guess it is best to wait until I have 5,000 miles before I step on again. Thanks to all you guys with the helpful information. You are all great.
Track is offline   Reply With Quote