View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #21
CorvetteBlogger

I don't think anyone has said this yet, but those headlight buckets looks to be Silver whereas all the other test cars have had black headlight buckets. The other thing is that very first picture the hood vent doesn't look very black either and it almost blends with the stripes whereas every other C7 view those vents are very black. (Perhaps its the angle or the overcast sky.)

We were told that the the vents would be optioned to be the same color as the exterior but haven't seen anything to indicate that the headlight buckets would be available in the colors other than black.

The question of the post though is asking if this is the Gran Sport (should be Grand Sport). The 2010-13's GSs were built only because the C6 production was running longer than anticipated and the Corvette team was feeling the pressure to put out something new. So they raided the parts bin and used body from the Z06 and upgraded some of the options. Voila - a new model.

My personal opinion is that this isn't a Grand Sport and I'm doubtful that there will be a GS option early in C7 production. Based on sales and bragging rights, the next model out will be the Z06. But that's just my best guess.

CorvetteBlogger is offline   Reply With Quote