View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #49
Bolt-onC6

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
The base C7 performs like the C6 Z06 according to the engineers at GM. The reason is the LT1 engine and the mew frame. You need to look passed the numbers. The LT1 is a direct injected 6.2L V8, producing ~450hp/450Lb. The numbers are way behind the gt500 lol, behind the Z06 as well. But the torque curve... All the power is available from the LT1 pretty low on the powerband. And it's direct injected, just a few bolt ons and the engine could produce well over 500 RWHP. I wouldn't be surprised to see a C7 with a intake and headers beat a current GT500 in the 1/4. And around a track? Forget about it lol. Might as well be racing against a bike.
I believe the engineers were referring to cornering in reference to the C7 performing like the C6 Z06. My conclusion is from the current data given that the GT500 will beat in 1/4 mile mph and top speed over the C7.The lbs/hp just isn't there with the current given numbers for the C7 to win in those areas.

I have no doubt with the information we have that the C7 will most likely corner better than the C6 Z06 or the GT500. The GT500 being the looser to both.

My reference is stock, not with bolt ons. I'm sure it's quite likely the C7 with bolt ons will out perform both in their stock condition assuming the new C7 ECM can be cracked to allow for tuning.
Bolt-onC6 is offline   Reply With Quote