View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #143
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by potterluck View Post
I bumped my Key with my knee and shut my car off on accident and crashed into a stop sign.

So long story short, I was on my lunch break on my way home @ around 3am (I work at night) and was only going 25. I did not even realize anything until it was too late. I ended up with damage to my front fascia, 3/4 wheels, bent my lower control arm and broke my driver side headlight.

I was really embarrassed about it, as I had no idea that this was a safety issue at the time (June 1st). My wife made fun of me about it, and the guys at work couldn't believe that something like that could happen. I ended up starting to piece my car back together, buying the bumper pieces, a new headlight, and lower control arm etc. Rims are another story... This stuff gets pricey and I did not want to claim it on my insurance, so I am still in the midst of getting it fixed.

I already have a case open with GM, so they should cover the damage (hopefully). I am 6'2 and my knee sits almost perfectly with where my key is. If you guys have not gotten your key changed out, do so. I did this to my ZL1, and now have to fight with GM on who's fault it is and prove to them my case.

Has this happened to anyone else?
I am 6'2" and unless I am positioned in my car right over the wheel like a Nascar driver I don't come near the key.

Good Luck with this.

So what really happened? did you fall asleep?