View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 10:37 AM   #9
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by detltu View Post
I still think the Z28 name is too important to just leave on the sidelines. Perhaps we get a preview of the NA motor from the C8 Corvette. I still think we see something when the car is refreshed. They have boxed themselves into a pretty good corner though. The SS 1LE is pretty close to what you might expect a Z28 to be. The ZL1 1LE is so extreme that it sets a high bar if the Z/28 has to out perform it. I don't believe it will get the LT5 though. I doubt the ZL1 gets the LT5 either. I think that one is Corvette only.
The Z/28 does not have to outperform the ZL1 1LE, that was a pedestal that the 5th gen car created. The 5th gen car, put this thought in people heads that a Z/28 has to be the end all when it comes to Camaro performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post

The second option is to put the LT1 in the ZL1 1LE chassis. Having the DSSV, the A10 available, and the body panels, would be enough to distinguish from the SS 1LE.
Hot LT-1 in a ZL1 1LE Chassis would tick all the boxes for what many would consider a proper Z/28. It would be a serious track package, it would be the fastest N/A powered camaro, and it would be one hell of a package. Price wise would probably slot in between SS 1LE and ZL1
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote