View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 10:32 AM   #8
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Al O already said the Z/28 is an n/a car. If, and that is a massive if, there will ever be another Z/28, it won't have the LT5.
He did say that, and it's out there for everyone to see. However, he was talking about a non existent car. So, really, anything still goes, and let's face it, if we want a Z/28 to have serious power, in today's environment, it's going to have to be force fed. It's really the only way to get the high numbers you want and low numbers you're required to have at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detltu View Post
I still think the Z28 name is too important to just leave on the sidelines. Perhaps we get a preview of the NA motor from the C8 Corvette. I still think we see something when the car is refreshed. They have boxed themselves into a pretty good corner though. The SS 1LE is pretty close to what you might expect a Z28 to be. The ZL1 1LE is so extreme that it sets a high bar if the Z/28 has to out perform it. I don't believe it will get the LT5 though. I doubt the ZL1 gets the LT5 either. I think that one is Corvette only.
I agree that the last gen Z/28 boxed them in somewhat. I see where they now have two possible options for the Z/28.

First is putting the LT5 in the ZL1 1LE chassis. Doing this and maybe adding a couple of other goodies like standard CC brakes and such, would make it the top dog in the line up.

The second option is to put the LT1 in the ZL1 1LE chassis. Having the DSSV, the A10 available, and the body panels, would be enough to distinguish from the SS 1LE. This would also keep Big Al from being a liar and the Z/28 remain N/A.

Interesting note about the LT5 is that it has combines direct injection with port injection. In this case, for the purpose of adding the fuel needed to run 13lb boost to keep the engine fed, but it will also help keep valve coking in check. Also have not read anything yet that the LT5 has AFM.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote