View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #3
jsvette

Drives: C7, XTS, Porsche, C70
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan0911 View Post
Standard roof is carbon fiber (CFA). $0 Opaque. Body colored.

Exposed carbon fiber weave (C2Z). $1,995. Also opaque. Go watch Jay Leno video or look at the red show car. Looks like a M3 and I love it personally.

Transparent roof (CC3). $995 - basically expected to be the same as the C6. Polycarbonate (Lexan). Will be blue tinted probably. On a nice sunny warm day, it'll bar-b-que your bald spot pretty well. Ask me how I know this.....

You can get two roof packages: C2Q for $1,995 which is the standard body colored roof and the transparent roof. Or C2M for $2,995 which is the exposed carbon fiber weave and the transparent roof.

In the couple of C6's I've riden in or test driven, both had the transparent roof. I thought it was pretty great. If you live in a hot climate (like, say Vegas?) then it might not be the greatest idea IMHO. There are aftermarket interior shades that you can stick up on the inside of the glass roof and block the sunlight though. Ultimately the decision will come down to you. I insist on sunroofs on my current cars so I'll probably pony up the $ for the transparent roof/CF weave package. If you're not a big sunroof person, then you probably can skip the $2K upcharge and put that towards something else. Personally, I consider the NPP (variable exhaust) to be mandatory on a 'Vette.

Hope the above helps. Good luck.
Thanks volsfan0911. A couple of thoughts: I am leaning towards the transparent and based on what you said re baldspot I would probably have a clear heat reflective tint applied to the inside as I have done with my XTS glass roof. Heat is certainly a consideration here in Vegas. Does the weight of the Lexan come close to the weight of the CF (since I do intend removing it alot)? Oh, I agree and mine will have the NPP option for sure.
jsvette is offline   Reply With Quote