View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Powering down a straight is more rapid than ever before, with the Carrera S gaining a 15-hp bump for an even 400-hp. A respectable number, what’s amazing is how Porsche utilizes it. With the ultra fast PDK, weighing 100 lbs less than its predecessor and equipped with the optional Sport Chrono package, the car gets a claimed 3.9-second 0-60 time. With that statistic, not to mention a top speed of 185 mph, the 911 is now the world’s fist $96,000 exotic.

VS.

With the MSRP of the mighty Carrera S' starting pricepoint at nearly 100K just to get in one, this new Stingray is a big bargain. I'm also a Porsche fan but the new Corvette negated all my notions of how to get a new P-car in my garage. I'd rather spend 55-60% of that 100K on a C7 and have tens of thousand$ left over... that's already a win. And the deal gets even sweeter once its verified at first hand that the int/ext quality of the new Stingray is confirmed as topshelf. Raise the bar even higher when a C7 Z06 is released...

Close numbers but performance wise, the C7 should likely score high across the board in many areas... we all can't wait for head to head comparisons. I know I'll be reading/scooping up plenty each of various automotive magazines later on this year!

I expect/predict...

New Corvette =

911 Carrera S = :second:
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote