View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 06:51 PM   #38
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
It makes sense that the A10 struggles with similar problems but simply covers it up better. The engineers certainly took a little extra time to get the A10 right as they had a lot riding on the success of the A10.

I'm hopeful that the Camaro engineers will be able to help us all, even if the A10 guys only see an improvement in consistency (A10s already have impressive hero runs).

Just for comparison sake... At the Fest, same day/same track as your 11.1, I was only able to get a 12.3 in the manual (I made three passes, ran three 12.3s).
Every other auto I've owned I got bored running the exact same times over and over and over. Great bracket racing. My last manual was a lot of fun trying to nail the launch and subsequent shifts, but not as consistent as the auto, but still ran predictable times.

This car just pisses me off every time I launch because I never know. Now I just turn it all off and trying to learn it that way. I seriously think the problem is equal between the M6 and A10. And I don't really think it was extra time spent on the A10 to get it right. It's just the nature of auto v manual. But then what the heck to I know.