View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 04:56 PM   #34
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
I think these issues should take priority if we're getting "the man's" ear, but that's just my opinion.
We all have different opinions on what the priority should be. That's why we vote.

Don't worry. It looks like the support for the A8 topic is really strong. If it doesn't get selected this month, it certainly stands a great chance for next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
As to your track issues, M6... they are going to be slow and I'm speaking from experience in my old Challenger. Took me forever to learn to drive that car and a custom tune to be fast (10.80 at 130MPH 1/4) with a blower on the car, clutch, and a bunch of other stuff. M6 fun to drive, but PITA on the track.

Beyond that, the issue is torque management and a custom tune will be required, but that's getting off topic I reckon.
I agree, but I'd like to add that just because it's a manual doesn't fully excuse a car from being able to launch in its factory configuration. There are at least some reasonable expectations at play especially since line-lock, launch control, "triple threat", etc. were heavily marketed.

We're not talking about getting into the 10s. Most of us M6 ZL1 guys would be happy with 11s. And it's not like it's just a few guys having trouble launching. Lots of guys with the M6 are struggling, including nearly every M6 ZL1 owner.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)

Last edited by travislambert; 01-18-2018 at 05:08 PM.
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote