View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
If I was into the racing scene, it would be great. Sorta Fast N Furious-ish…the high-wing is definitely making a comeback. Guess I'd have to see it in person. But, I don't think it would fit width-wise in my garage without scratching up the wife's Panamera…then I'd REALLY be in trouble. Hey! We missed you out here at the San Diego meet up back a few months ago. Maybe some other time…and bring the C7! I'll need some inspiration for when I start modding. You've always got some great stuff, and much Ivan. I think your connection with Autism Speaks outstanding too!
We got the new brackets on the car and cut it down 6". Big thanks to Mark at Halo Supercars and his team for making that happen in like a day. Literally. New bracket was waterjetted and looks really good.

Thanks Gunny. Most folks don't know, but Southwest Speed was created as a sideproject to help support our family financially when Christa and I left our management jobs back in 2006 when we found out our youngest daughter was diagnosed with Autism.

Neither of us knew anything more than "Dustin Hoffman in Rainman" about it. We were quite ignorant as a matter of fact. But when we took that step back to leave our 60 hr a week jobs, educate ourselves as to exactly what Autism is, got involved with the University of New Mexico's SWAN (SW Autistic Network) division and really tried to figure out just what we as parents needed to do to help support her needs were......that's when I think both of us really evolved as humans. Since then, Alexandria has taught us all more about life, patience, compromise, and everything in between when it comes to Autism. She's really something else and our lives have changed for the better because of all of this.

Connecting the Autism Speaks link to our website was the first thing Christa did before a single part number was added. Education and awareness is the most important thing when it comes to any child with any need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killascrimp View Post
damn I like that look.......very nice
Thanks Killa!

More pics to come as we're on the way back with the Stingray in town.

Here are a couple from the show for now!
Attached Images

Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote