View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 08:00 AM   #200
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
It was no mistake although I agree with your point. I would have bought a $55k, LS7 Z/28 without CCB.
Yep. I think they will go that route if/when 6th gen Z comes. Offer the hardcore track variant, but if people want goodies lump them all in a tech package like ford did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWH View Post
The only thing I think is HILARIOUS here is, you only pointed out the Camaro WINS and where it lost, you just left it off. I don't care because you were only trying to point out wins, but it is kinda... "forgetful" of you.

How many people road race their Mustang or Camaro? Perhaps 1/10th of 1% of owners?

Aside from that, in SCCA racing, the real truth is, the Camaro(5th gen) has had it's posterior handed to it for years on end. I'm NOT a road racing fan myself. I mean, I like to watch and all, but I'll never waste my money actually doing it again. If I do, I'll get a Miata and do it on the cheap.

By the way, by the 3rd lap, the Mustang posted a slower ET... it was still faster overall for the 1st through 3rd laps, from the looks.

More importantly perhaps... ONLY the brakes can be pointed to as to the hy GT500 lost, when it lost. If that's your ONLY problem... a quick change by any owner will alleviate the problem. That's a win all by itself.

Now, I'm not buying a GT500 because of it, but then, the facts remain. Th new GT350R, by contrast, will ANNIHILATE the GT500 on basically any course where long straights can't create a win. I won't be shocked or offended to learn the same GT350R does the same to the Z/28 and so on... it will, guaranteed. For the next Z/28, or ZL1... that may very well change. The 2015 Z/28 though, and any other GM production Camaro, stands little chance here. That's life and there's no need to be upset over it(not to you, but generally).

Not wanting to go back in time to the GT500 vs ZL1 debate, I believe I recall there was more than just Laguna where the GT500 posted a better lap.

I also believe that it is stated in the owners manual of the GT500 that if you are doing high performance driving it was recommended to change the brake fluid, which would eliminate the brake fade...BUT Ford probably should have just put better fluid in it from the get go.

Last edited by shaffe; 08-12-2015 at 08:36 AM.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote