Old 07-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuron00 View Post
Thanks for the reply.

My local dealer told me that they have 3 initial allocations and have accepted 3 orders and that I would be #4.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what being #4 means in this case. I'm OK if those initial 3 are filled in the first month or 2 and I'm immediately after, but I'm no OK if those initial 3 are spread out from August to December and they don't get more allocations until January. I could order from a dealership that I know still has open allocations, but they're 300 miles away and would make things a little more difficult for me.
If your dealer got allocations and has used them all, there is no guarantee that he will get more this year. Especially like Laborsmith said with a 1000 dealers not getting any Corvettes at all. At this point I think you are looking at a late 2014 build from almost every dealer that still has allocations available. Depending on how bad you want a 2014 model, you might want to think about being first for a 2015 model.

Also, if your dealer will give you a refundable deposit, you might want to grab the #4 spot and hope one of the first 3 spots backs out of the deal. That would shift you to #3. If they do not back out then you can get your deposit back or leave it there to be #1 for a 2015 model.