View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 09:46 AM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
there was an unmarked mini-van, complete with the soccer sticker in the back that patroled the streets.... now that is just wrong!
Actually, I'd have to seriously say I agree with you. We are getting a couple Tahoe's, a few Impalas, and a few Chargers. All will be unmarked if I recall correctly. Unmarked is fine, but there's almost a point where I'd say "unmarked" goes too far. How many people out there would really want to stop for a maroon mini-van w/ a few blinking lights. I wouldn't want to stop. That could be some nut trying to pull me over....it's happened in the past and given time, will happen again.

We've also had a recent run in where a county guy was trying to make a traffic stop in an unmarked. The person refused to pull over. Apparently, the officer thought this justified him in shooting at the vehicle (yeah...it's a little odd if you ask me) which it didn't. So, this can cause problems.

Everyone in SA knows we drive Crown Vics. We have a bunch of maroon, green, silver, black, and dark blue Crown Vics w/ hologram SAPD stickers on the sides. They all have hideaways and are slick tops. There's only a small antenna on the back and the plates are regular old Texas plates (PD cars all say expempt). You wouldn't be able to tell, but citizens of SA know this. If some jerky tried pulling me over in a mini van, I'd think they lost their mind!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote