View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #15
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Chevy has said all along the standard tire is summer-only and that an all-season tire would be available soon after introduction. It seems you have more of a beef with Chevy than I do. I can respect that, and agree safety should always be at the forefront of everyone's thinking. But everyone should do a little thinking for themselves, too, not just wait until someone tells them they should think this or do that. Every driver, regardless of make or model of vehicle, should put effort into learning about their new vehicle, and understanding its abilities and limitations. Cars are not "point and shoot" like so many seem to think. They should read the owner's manual. They should ask decent questions of their salesperson. And perhaps most of all, understand their own limitations. Not everyone is skilled enough to drive every car out there at anything remotely approaching its limits. In fact, many are just plain stupid about how they drive, regardless of what steering wheel they have hold of. No amount of education or warning from a manufacturer will ever get some to drive sane.

I think we can agree to disagree on interpretation of published information on the tires. I for one do understand their limits, and have since early spring when Stinrgay specs started hitting the web. I fully planned way back then that for my situation, all-season tires would be a must, and regularly kept up with news on the web regarding them for our cars. I ordered accordingly, and in turn will be prepared when the weather really goes down hill here in the near future. If others out there have not anticipated possible issues of running summer-only tires in the winter, well, shame on them! It's not like this is the first time a car came from the factory equipped that way. Numerous models of the C6 Corvette, Camaro, Mustang, Viper, Porsche, BMW, Ferrarri and others have too over the past several years.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote