View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 01:22 AM   #8
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Drives: 2002 Hot Rod Magazine Ltd. Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNut View Post
I truly hate and envy anyone who has seen either concept in person because i have yet to see either. and god willing i will get to see one at the Denver auto show this year and im going to get there very early so i can take as many pictures with minimal interference as humanly possible. ive got 2 i gb memory cards for my camera. and im gonna post all of them. ive got some good pics from last year just no camaro.
ChevyNut,

We in the WMCC have had the good fortune to have had many opportunities to be around the Camaros Concept. I've been around all three, quite a bit. They are all amazing in person. You'll be thrilled when you finally get to see the Concept "in the flesh". The convertible is stunning!

But, one couple in our Club has one over all the rest of us. Last summer there was a writer from Esquire magazine that wanted to write an article about the Camaro Concept. Well, it seems, that back in the late 80's he owned an IROC-Z, so Chevrolet contacted this couple from our Club. They have a black '85 IROC-Z, and were asked to meet at the GM Proving Grounds in Milford, Michiagn. They watched the writer take the silver Concept for a test drive around the Proving Grounds, and at the end, got to drive it themselves! :eek: Needless to say, they are the envy of the rest of our members.

It was a cool thing, and I'm very happy they got that special opportunity.