View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 04:15 PM   #148
KyleL

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
I've been trying to make this same point. It's so obvious that there's a problem with the M6 ZL1 when you look at it that way.

From my experience the delta between the A10 and M6 is closer to a full second. Of course there are folks who want to believe the A10 is just "that good", but that's a load of crap. The M6 pretty much matches the A10 on the road course and doesn't overheat while doing it. The difference is almost entirely in the launch. Automatics will obviously launch better, but the M6 should only be about 3-4 tenths behind.
Yep, but we’ll have to wait and see if it truly is that much better. If it is, and they add it to the ss cars, then they should have no problem running 11.3-11.5 in the 1/4 mile with no other changes. I doubt that’ll happen.

I think one of the only logical reasons for them making launching interference so aggressive is bc you can launch the m6 at 4K rpms, as opposed to what, 2500 on the Auto? That’s gotta be at least launching with 600 lb ft of tq. So maybe the drivetrain parts aren’t as good as the 5th gen zl1’s and they had to make it more aggresssive to preserve the parts. It didn’t seem as though the 5th gens fell down that hard using launch control, it would just cut power but still keep the nose up and not drop rpms as much.

Even if they did purposely hold it back some, they’d be insane to admit it.