View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #30
Medesin

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
There might be some front end and interior tweaks but overall, the overseas-spec Colorado is mostly what we'll get.

There's a Canyon coming as well.

Considering how the midsize market is currently owned by Tacoma, if GM plays their cards right they could have a hit on their hands. Fuel economy will be the name of the game with these trucks.
It would be nice to see the 4 cylindaer Duramax make it into the US market. I built an S-10 about 8 years ago and put an Isuzu 2.2 ltr in it. If I knew the price of gas would be as high as it is, I would have kept it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
That's what we're not sure about. Last month a rumor came up that the diesel Cruze would do around the Cruze Eco's FE figures. As disappointing as that sounds, you have to remember that A) The 2.0L Turbodiesel is a much more powerful engine for Cruze and could make it an even more fun to drive car than the 1.4T and B) The Cruze Eco achieves 42 MPG with a manual. If the Cruze Diesel achieves around 42 MPG with an automatic, it'll be appealing to a lot of people.

Right now I'm guessing low to mid 40s for an automatic, and close to 50 for a manual. Just a guess.
I am very intersted in a Cruze Diesel. I drive about 30 thousand miles a year and I would like to think a Cruze Diesel would last a long time.
Medesin is offline   Reply With Quote