Thread: Track Mode
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
gthal

Drives: 2014 Z51 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC C7 View Post
I ran across some information on a YouTube video that I wasn't aware of and would like to put this out there for other opinions. A salesman at phillipschevy reviews the interior controls of a new c7 for his customer before they take delivery. At 21.00 he says to never put the car in track mode unless you are on a race track. That if you are street driving with the car in track mode and you hit a bump or pothole the cars suspension will be severly damaged. Could this be true, I've never heard it mentioned before.
B.S. With a capital B and S. Track mode is firm and, I suppose, could make tire damage more easy to accomplish but it is FAR from being so stiff that you are at risk for normal bumps and road issues. The sales guy is being dramatic.
1996 BMW M3 | Estoril blue | Track car | Heavily modded for the track but still street legal... barely
Previous: 2011 M3 coupe | Jerez black | Fox Red interior | Competition Package | M-DCT
gthal is offline   Reply With Quote