View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 09:07 AM   #14
cadprof

Drives: 2014 c7
Low temp water borne paint

Just remembering when I had a collision damaged car painted years ago in the Cleveland winter and taking it out with spider web cracks showing up months later. With water borne paint drying from the outside in, I can imagine microcapsules of water expanding when freezing and cracking the clearcoat. Sure hope I'm wrong! Still don't have a clue where the car is in the rail system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucMan View Post
Not to worry about wind chill as it is a factor calculated based on human skin. Hope you get your C7 soon.

The NWS Windchill Temperature (WCT) index uses advances in science, technology, and computer modeling to provide an accurate, understandable, and useful formula for calculating the dangers from winter winds and freezing temperatures. The index:

• Calculates wind speed at an average height of five feet, typical height of an adult human face, based on readings from the national standard height of 33 feet, typical height of an anemometer
  • Is based on a human face model
  • Incorporates heat transfer theory, heat loss from the body to its surroundings, during cold and breezy/windy days
  • Lowers the calm wind threshold to 3 mph
  • Uses a consistent standard for skin tissue resistance
  • Assumes no impact from the sun (i.e., clear night sky).
cadprof is offline   Reply With Quote