Thread: More Horses
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 08:10 AM   #117
LSxcellent

Drives: MINI Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
“How much horse power is too much for the street”? In my opinion it comes down to what each individual is capable of handling. Oh yes here it comes, wait for it, wait for it, “COMMON SENSE”… “The problem with common sense is it ant so common”… :eek:
In principle, I absolutely agree. But if you give _anyone_ that much power, someday they _might_ try to use it. Regardless of training, experience, etc...

The question was more related to the actual _physics_ of using all that power. There simply isn't anyplace to actually use these monstrous amounts of power on the street! 550hp? Can-Am cars had that much power. NASCAR stockers are pretty close to that! Thats almost twice what every WRC car has!

If I were a betting man, I wager that the new Supra is going to have a hybrid drivetrain, and will 'only' make about 325hp, but it will probably make ~400lbft of torque at 0 rpm. Combine that with a really good traction contro system, and you have a nearly unbeatable street-combo. Great performance, great mileage, and a 'clear conscience' (which seems to count for so much these days... hipocrits).

Anyway... sorry to pull this thread off topic.

~LSx
LSxcellent is offline   Reply With Quote