View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Who else fell in love? (Blog from GM Authority)

Diane did... at first sight. Move over facebook...

From the GM Authority MailBag: The following came to us from Diane R. two days after the reveal of the 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray:

"I’m fairly new to all this, so please forgive me if I don’t speak “the lingo” (which I’m hopping to be fluent in very soon). I just want to share my story and maybe make some friends along the way.

I have never had much of an interest in cars… never really had a reason to. I’ve driven and bought Toyota Corollas my entire 38 year-old life. My first car was a Toyota Echo, which I didn’t really like since it was too small. The Corolla seemed like a perfect fit for me: it was safe, reliable and affordable, and I couldn’t care less about any other features, options, or bells and whistles. I just wanted to get places without any fuss, safely. From what I gather, those attributes and priorities, let alone the cars, aren’t all too respected among “car people”.

All that changed for me on the evening of Sunday January 13th, when I was at home browsing around… I accidentally clicked on a Twitter link that was re-tweeted by one of my (male) friends. I came to your GM Authority site and I wanted to hit the back button, but I instantly fell in love with what I saw and couldn’t click back. What I saw was a red 2014 Chevrolet Corvette.

I never paid attention to any cars on the road, let alone Corvettes. I knew what a Corvette was, but I never really knew what it was all about. Still, I’m not sure what happened that night; I don’t really understand it yet. The only thing I know is that I will own a red 2014 Stingray Z51 when it comes out later this year.

I will drive it on beautiful roads, on the tracks, and everywhere in between. I want to wash it every weekend, and not in one of those automated washes either, but by hand, with a bucket and a hose. I want to wax it and park it in my garage, and park far, far away from everyone else in parking lots so that no one “accidentally” rams my new Corvette with their door (as I have done to others by accident with my Corolla).

I have never had such a feeling for cars in my life; maybe for shoes and jewelry, but even those things don’t need as much TLC as a car does. I already called my local Chevrolet dealer to reserve a spot to order one. In the time leading up to the summer/fall, I will do my best to rent as many 2013 Corvettes as I can, learn to drive a car with a manual transmission, and drive my Corolla to work and back with disgust and disdain.

I guess I fell in love.

Diane"
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote