View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #14
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayo View Post

Or why would be the reason they didnt give me an order number...
Dealers usually submit their orders once a week and usually there is one person who has that assignment. The process is not as easy as it sounds: a order goes in with options, first pass to match order against allocation (which is important if allocations are limited) second pass to determine if an option is on constraint, and iirc a third pass. If the store sells a hundred vehicles a month it is not too bad, but say six hundred . . . headache city.

But a preliminary order can be submitted any time the store is open so if a customer desires and insists the order can be submitted right then and the Order Workbench with the six character order number printed. Some dealers will give you a copy of the two page Order Workbench and some won't but once submitted the order number is generated. Preliminary means in the dealers queue and the passes I mentioned do not occur until allocations are matched against orders.

As a side note, say a dealer has ten allocations but only uses nine, that unused one will be given to another dealer who will take it. Dealers will take slow moving units because their reward will be access to additional quick moving units in addition to meeting quota bonuses we all know about.

My method is once I get the order number the dealer gets the deposit.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote