View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 06:19 AM   #21
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
I have a Z51 without mag ride, and have just over 5000 miles of real-world driving. The roads around here are less than ideal (like most of the country!). To sum up my experience, THIS CAR IS SPECTACULAR! The ride is firm, but far from harsh. You could drive this car all day and not suffer for it. It handles far better than any previous Corvette, and likely all but a handful of cars, period. Yes, the mag ride may give you slightly softer cruising, yes mag ride may give you a slight edge in the turns on a track. But a Z51 without mag ride is by far a superior riding and handling car compared to virtually everything else out there. I don't feel anyone who has this combination is losing out in the long run.

And if it turns out you want less performance and more cushion, you can always switch to the base C7 shocks. For a little more firmness on the track, I'm positive the aftermarket will step up with shock, spring and sway bar packages in the near future. You just can't lose in any way!
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote