View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 06:19 AM   #3
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
In most cases a dealer can enter and get an order number even without allocation. Because 70% of Chevy dealers do not have allocation I suspect the computer will only accept order from the 30% that do have allocation , but probably will not stop a dealer from ordering more than allocated.

This is my practice: I go to the dealer and make an order but do not leave a deposit until I have the order number. Orders can be entered anytime but dealers usually only enter them once a week or no more than once a day (mega dealers) for their convenience, but a dealer CAN enter the order while you are sitting at the salespersons desk. You may have to push them, as I sometimes have to, but if the order number is important to you than push away.

Although possibly not necessary, other than the three biggest Corvette dealers, if a dealer can not give you an order number than there is every reason that dealer is among the 70% without allocation.

Only the dealer knows where you are on their list. Chevy takes orders matched to allocation as submitted unless the dealer bumps one up, althogh I can not think of any reason whatsoever a dealer would want to do such a thing. No reason. None at all.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote