View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #3
monicatomokc

Drives: 2014 Corvette 2021 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardlord View Post
As I just goy my C7 about 3 weeks ago, gas mileage is not on the agenda. I am driving my C7 very enthusiastically and have yet to put it in Eco mode. I keep the NPP and Rev Matching on and wind up and down the gears at speed like playing a spirited fiddle. Speed & Sound (S&S) not gas mileage is my driving objective. However, I am fairly sure I am getting at least 17 MPG. Right now, I'm not out to break any C7 gas mileage records, and perhaps some day I actually may care, but now is not then.
Couldn't agree more...but, yesterday was my second fill-up, so I had my wife write down the miles so I could due the calculations when we got home. I reset the "Trip" odometer at each fill-up for all my cars, just in case I do want to check the mileage. Well it was 21.9 MPG!! This is what my wife gets with her V-6 Lincoln MKZ!! Now I did have some highway driving (+ 50 miles in 7th gear) mixed in with this, but there was a good bit of going through the gears getting up to 75 (give or take) pretty darn quick. What a fun car to drive....