View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 04:57 PM   #9
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowyCamaro View Post
I'm not sure on the proper subforum for this one. So my apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I've been looking into some non electronic security devices for cars and i was wondering if anyone has tried any pedal locks?

Aside from the big ugly red club, that you can just cut off. I havent found many other options. Are all these devices easily removed so no one bothers ?

Thoughts?
In California esp the bay area the cars are driven away, so this is probably a decent second layer of protection, but the cars are targeted so eventually they will come back with something else. Alot of the cars stolen are either from place of work, a quick stop at the store, or NON garaged cars from homes. Almost every Zl1 that has been stolen has been well off of the beaten path and many feel that the cars are targeted in some way. At a minimum they are followed.

For the other area's this kind of device should help discourage a casual theft, but as mentioned if you get cased they will come back with a flat bed and drag it on and its gone.

One guy in the bay has the ravelco and they still tried pushing his Z down the street eventually I guess it was too heavy and the gave up. That said if he continues to leave it in front of his house at night they will push it down the street and load it up on a flat bed, or build a bypass harness for the ravelco.

I guess if your not in a target area it a decent idea.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote