View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 12:10 PM   #1216
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Not necessarily true.

Why would anyone by a 4-cylinder or 6 cylinder Camaro if an 8 cylinder is available? Engine size is to ICE as battery size / motor count is to EVs.

Bolt EUV: Range is 247, Price starts at $27,800

Tesla Model 3: Range is 272, Price starts at $38,990. Can be leased for $329 for 36 months

Tesla Model 3 LR AWD: Range is 333, Prices start at $45,990 (over $40k but still below average new vehicle transaction price in 2023)
Not necessarily true. People buy the Camaro because #1, they love the look. Then for whatever reason (mpg or cost) decides to get it with a V6. They still bought the Camaro first because of the design, not because of the gas mileage. They were drawn to the Camaro.

When someone buys and EV, you are going to try to tell me their main reason to purchase said EV is because of the look?? Come-On, even you don't believe that.

I believe I read somewhere that range anxiety for EV buyers is 300 miles? (maybe it was 400) but 300 seems to ring a bell. You didn't list one vehicle there under $40k that gets greater then 300 miles on a charge. (Lets not get into those are not realistic ranges either in reality.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
As far as brand loyalty goes, we (S&P Global Mobility) have studies that show that the pandemic, the chip shortage, and supply chain crisis have combined to hammer the hell out of brand loyalty. Even amongst pickup trucks which have the highest loyalty of any segment.
So what was that contributed too? Was it because buyers just chose to buy what was available to them at the time, or was it because buyers decided they no longer wanted say a Chevy truck over a Dodge? Also now that the pandemic is over and dealers have stock available again, will those people that liked that Chevy before (that couldn't get one) now go back to a Chevy?
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote