View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 05:55 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut2006 View Post
Sounds like something is wrong with your car. I have been to the drag strip and made multiple runs and a few high speed runs when visiting "Mexico". I feel that my ZL1 is more confidence inspiring than my Corvette at any speed or acceleration.
I'm definitely thinking that too. I've done a lot of driving on the drag strip and used to keeping the pedal to the floor and driving through some stuff but this is too much and I'm going to end up in the wall if I don't figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector 17 View Post
I've been on plenty of highway trips and moved in and out of traffic at 65 mph and above. I've also run 3 times on the track and not noticed anything like this at all. I have to have my car out on Monday and I will take it on the highway and see if I can experience anything like this. I know there have been issues with the sway bar links. Did you double check those and make sure everything is as it should be?
I had it up while swapping tires and gave it a close look and shake down of things I could get my hands on. Put tires on and did the same while I had it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Definitely get it up on a rack and take a look....Worn out or bad bushings of some kind would be my guess....Get under it and start shaking it up....Compare side to side....Push and pull on the wheels to check axle play....Have someone follow behind you to see how it tracks....

No stablilitrac light?.....

Pete should be able to diagnose, if you can't find anything...Good luck and be careful.
No lights ever and do need to get on a rack. Something is up for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompstl1 View Post
I don’t feel what you’re describing every time, but on at least 3 occasions I’ve noticed the back end feeling “loose” and a bit out of control while passing. Never felt that on any of my Corvettes and never on the 2015 1LE I just sold.

All 3 times I’ve attributed it to road condition, but not positive that was what it was. All 3 times were under fairly heavy acceleration and occurred between 60-90 mph. Definitely was not wheel spin in any case. Twice my wife remarked "this thing feels like it's getting out of control".

I’ve wondered it it’s an anomaly in the E-lsd and frankly somewhat worried about taking it to the Texas Mile this October where I expect to reach speeds of 175 or more.

Will definitely be following this thread to see if we can learn anything.

P.S. You're welcome to meet with me and drive mine to see if it feels the same or different than yours if that would help.
That's sounds the same and road conditions were my 1st thought. I'm slammed right now getting ready for the fest but if I don't have something lined out we can meet up. In fact we will meet up anyway. Time for dinner very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Do you think it has anything to do with the little bit of mods recently added?? I would think you would have noticed this early on...when did the excessive squirrelliness start??

I've always noticed a bit of the tailing but not to the point that caused me any concerns...I'm planning on taking her out for a cruise tomorrow & will try the 60mph test on different surfaces & let you know.
I have no mods except tail lights, radiator overflow and CAI. Other stuff still in the box.

I did notice it early on. The trip I was talking about was to San Antonio with you.