View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 08:23 PM   #16

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixson View Post
I'm very pro-Tesla, so I will advocate for the company. IF they are able to get out of production hell, nail down the manufacturing process, and are able to meet close to their production goals for the model 3 in 2018 - every single automaker in the industry that isn't named Tesla is in for a world of hurt. Estimated volume of model 3s by the end of 2018 was what - 300,000+? And that's just preorders. 2019 they start rolling out model 3 for the autonomous and high efficiency cab/uber/rent-a-car companies and completely take over their fleet of cars. Late 2019-2020 they have model 3s available on the showroom floor for customers to walk in and purchase at a preset, no haggle price. A car with that kind of performance, 8 year warranty, quality of worksmanship, and longevity at $35,000 will absolutely destroy the EV divisions of the other car manufacturers. You think someone will pay $42,000 for the Chevy Bolt when you can purchase a car that is hands down a better vehicle with way more advance technology for $7,000 less?

Right now Tesla's issues are production and exclusivity. You couldn't get your hands on a model 3 today if you tried. But IF they make it out of the next 12-18 months and figure out their formula - the EV share of the auto world is going to be staggering.
I agree that Tesla has a following that is off the charts and defies routine thought....I don't see any Tesla buyers, including those who may have to wait longer than anticipated to get their model 3s that they have put down a deposit on, jumping ship and buying a Bolt or anything else. Part of Tesla's appeal is that yes, perhaps Tesla will put the other "Big Three" out of business as a punishment for their past sins...lol...I don't think sales of other EVs have taken up the slack of Tesla's late deliveries...Tesla buyers will wait as long as it takes instead of using their money to support the Big3, or anyone else. I don't think any of them believe Musk will not deliver eventually...

Bash them if you want, but once Tesla's ball gets rolling, things will never be the same again. Musk will deliver.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote