View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 04:04 PM   #9
Vette Pax

Drives: 1999 C5; 2016 C7 Stingray
Been There!

In the summer of 2001 we ordered a new C5 from a local dealer and the only options we specified were the automatic transmission and the Museum Delivery. I was communicating with the Museum regularly. Right before 9/11 the Museum Delivery contact could not find our car in the build schedule. Then right after 9/11 the dealer sales guy calls me and says that our car is in-at the dealer! I told him that we had Museum Delivery and he said that due to 9/11 the Museum stopped doing that. I emailed the Museum and was told that such was not true. After a few more lies from the salesman and the sales manager, they finally admitted that the clerk who entered the order left the R8C code off our order! I asked for an immediate refund of or deposit and they agreed. I wrote a letter to the owner of the dealership informing him of the screw-up and the lies told by the rep and manager. The owner called me to apologize and made no attempt to solicit our business again. We intend to have a more successful outcome for our 2016 this time. We have learned a lot on this great forum.
Vette Pax is offline   Reply With Quote