Thread: Broken tonneau
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 06:21 PM   #31
Drysideshooter

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Good on the GM service person for getting involved in this thread. That shows some genuine concern.

A couple years ago I had a small recall on a BMW motorcycle. There is a dealer I like in the Reno area and we were traveling there for a fun trip so I made arrangements to have them do the recall work. When I dropped it off they entered the VIN and said just that day my bike had been added to an additional recall campaign for a brake line. Several other bikes that used the same line had already had a recall for a few months. It turns out there were no parts in the country because they had all been used already. I told the guy no problem, I'll make arrangements to get that fixed at the dealer closer to home after we got back. A bit later I got a call and he said since it was a potential safety issue BMW didn't want me to take the bike. They air freighted the part from Austria to Reno and had it there the same day. I can't imagine what that cost. I still picked my bike up on time. Previously I had some other great experienced with BMW motorcycle service issues and that one just really made me over the top loyal.

I think the person on this forum from GM getting involved shows a similar caring attitude and commitment to service.

ON EDIT: There is a saying in the car business that sales often makes the first sale, but service often makes subsequent sales. I think that's largely true.
Drysideshooter is offline   Reply With Quote