View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 03:15 PM   #13
split_bumper

Drives: 24 ZL1, 6.2L Denali, 73 SplitBumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
These will never be a 69 Z/28 that cost 4k new and is 100k + now. These cars are being purchased by arguably 50+ year olds who have the financial solvency to drop that 100K, but not the fifty years to see it get to that 69Z type of metric. I would have thought my Gen 5 Z would be the one to own down the road, and it may be still for a variety of reasons but almost ten years after they are stiil going for under window sticker in most cases. The overwhelming majority of young people don't embrace cars like us Boomers- Gen X'ers, certainly not from a passionate standpoint.

I would agree. I would never expect these to increase in value that much, the price of these cars is already way over inflated. I am different when it comes to the passion and value than most my age I guess. I am 26, I have a 73 split bumper camaro, my dad has a 71 Z28 camaro, grandpa has an all original restored 55 chevy. I understand it but like you said its just not the same with todays generation.

https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2...FJ1R60R0111531
split_bumper is offline   Reply With Quote