View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 01:36 AM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
We have a few out there you'll pass right by and never know. I don't know because I work with them.....I know cause I got pulled over. Never even thought twice when I went passed him. I was like WTF??? Where did he come from??? Durrr...that was the maroon Crown Vic I just passed. Oops.

On who can pull veh's over....different jurisdictions have different "rules" per say. Law says one thing. But, General Manual rules say something different....more strict. Like having a marked patrol car make traffic stops. We do it w/ red and blues...period. TX state law says you can't have any flashing lights on your vehicle unless they are turn signals or are on emergency vehicles. So, those blue lights you put in place of the window washer sprayers that you thought were cool are illegal as hell. You can't have red or blue lights on the front of your car.

This is where it gets me a little confused. Vehicle manufacturers are making cars w/ blue headlights. We've all seen'em. According to traffic law, this is illegal because they are not white/amber/or yellow. They also make the blue aftermarket lights. A lot of those lights, if you read the box, state clearly that they are for off road use only. What do I do? Don't mess w/ the blue headlights. I'll mess w/ someone w/ the added blue dot lights on the hood ONLY if I have a VERY GOOD reason. And I've only given one ticket for that...cause she just haaaaaad to give me attitude when I was kindly explaining the legality of the lights to her.

Last thing...antennas are getting smaller. My regular patrol vehicle has 2 ant's. One for the laptop and one for the cars police radio. My last veh had 5 and some other cool gadgets. There are different veh's used for different things. I won't get into what all they do. But, it's pretty impressive to say the least.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote