View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 06:35 AM   #8
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Well it "pisses me off" when prople think that gm is distributing cars via who they like' or some stuff like that. Its just business...read what ive written a few times. This is your dealers fault , he decided a long time ago that he didn't want to Play by the rules that gm set up way before the c7 was launched:

this won't be popular with many, but there are two sides to this issue.

it's not about "big dealers get the cars" -->one of the biggest dealers is outside columbus ohio by 30 miles, another is in the Dakotas somewhere or Montana, not sure...

it's pretty simple - it's just business....BMW has just announced to the dealers that the i8 will be doled out to the dealers with the largest 6 and 7 sales for 2014....IT IS NOT A CONSUMER FRIENDLY SYSTEM...let's agree on that.

Back in 2010 (or 11, not sure) when you could not give away a C6 due the old design and the wall street Lehman brothers failure thing, GM needed help to keep BG open.They asked their dealers to buy C6's and most told them to pound sand. Note: (Most) Dealers are not LOYAL TO ANYTHING EXCEPT THE $$$. So GM told them the next C7 would be based on who took C6's. AT THIS POINT IN TIME EVERY DEALER IN THE UNITED STATES COULD DECIDE IF HE WANTED TO PLAY OR NOT. A few stepped up, did the hard thing and sold, begged and gave away C6's when it was not popular. Today we call them "forum dealers" And to the victor, blah blah blah

you can hate the system but its pretty much the industry standard as long as dealers are independent and can tell the factory to pound sand when things get tough....

Std disclaimer: its not how it should be , but how it is....

also it will not last long, and is 1st/2nd year thing (except for constraint cars) ...As the forum dealers get choked on product, GM will open it up so more allocations go to the base network. That will happen soon. Conti has 50 for sale on the ground right now, and something's gotta give...as one my exec friends in the industry says " you can't eat like an elephant and sh** like a bird for long".....

FYI - I am not a dealer, but was one, and after finding my local dealer could not supply for 8 months, I too drove 1200 miles to get my car - it was a fun vacation and a no hassle transaction.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote