View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
Vic

Drives: Viper GTS
It's been said around the net that there will be Z06 and ZR1 variants. And you know everything you read on the internet is true, and reliable...

Quote:
Corvette Racing seems to be doing a good job of carrying the Stars & Stripes pretty well over the past 12 years or so.
Absolutely! And with Viper's hands tied by their Italian bosses, this is a golden opportunity for Chevy to make a bid for sports car supremacy! If for no other reason, than to draw attention and recognition to Chevy and GM. That will make a business case, as a halo sales draw.

You're right, top speed is almost worthless, except as a bragging right. Carrol Shelby said what a guy needs is not top speed, but a car that gets up to 100 quick, and back down just as fast. I use my 585/590 rwhp/tq well under 100, or even just from 0-60. Someone is always trying to beat me, in various cars that they think are fast. I enjoy the competition!

Yep, it's illegal, immoral, life-shortening, dangerous, idiotic, irresponsible, yet, somehow, speed is addictive and fun. You can't deny power is pure fun, right?

I'm actually pretty self-controlled most of the time, and don't give F150s and Mitsubishi Eclipses the races they seem to want. Just the cars that have a chance. And never in traffic.
Vic is offline   Reply With Quote