View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 03:45 PM   #15
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
I've had a chance to look at both systems up close. The tips for the base are welded to the mufflers. The tips on the NPP appear welded on but should be removable to service the valves. Adding the bigger tips should be a relatively easy cut and weld project, but the spacing is different than the NPP - the actual outlets on the mufflers are not in the same location. To get the functionality of the NPP would require adding the appropriate wire harnesses, the mufflers with the valves, and reprogramming the computers. I suspect it would get pricey pretty quick.

That said, Stainless Works and other companies make really nice polished tips in various shapes and sizes if you want the look of the bigger tips. As for sound and performance, I'd go with an aftermarket cat-back or axle-back exhaust from one of the aftermarket companies. There are some available now, and several more will be coming soon from what I've been able to find. I personally will wait for a cat-back system I like the sound of.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote