View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 03:52 PM   #1
1BadZ28

Drives: 2001 Camaro Z28 5.7L LS1 T-Tops
Post The Z28 That Saved My Life

I know this may not be what people usually post on this site about. But this is my personal story of my Camaro. So this is how it happened I'm 18 years old i'm a full time student and work part time. This last summer I was given an offer to buy a 2001 Camaro Z/28 6 speed manual 5.7L LS1 it was in perfect condition. It was my friend's dads car and they didn't have time to drive it anymore so he wanted to sell it. At that point i was driving a 2003 Honda civic Sedan 1.7L 4Cyl. So that summer i worked all summer every day non stop to buy this car. And at the end of the summer i sold my civic and had all the money to buy it and got it. I was so proud of it. I had always wanted a muscle car but never thought it would become reality since my parents don't believe in buying us cars. So, when i got it i was shocked! In the time i had it (about 2 months) i put around 15,000 miles on it. I plasti-dipped the wheels black and the SS hood which he put on. It was a sweet little car. Then one day headed to work I was driving on the interstate at 50MPH(the speed limit) I came up to a busy intersection but i had no stop sign or anything so i proceeded normally. I couldn't see to my left because an 18 Wheeler was in the turn lane was blocking my view and as i got to the intersection. It happened..... A 16,000LB up-armored military dump truck pulled across in front of me. I T-Boned it at 50MPH. Moments before impact i slammed the brakes and swerved left to distribute the most force on the passenger side since it was just me. So i hit the back tire of the massive truck. Actually broke its back axle, it had to be towed off. But when i hit it the airbag knocked me unconscious and the car came to a rest in the intersection fiberglass shredded, body bent and mangled, intake snapped off the block. But i was alive. I opened the door and got out to complete shock that my once beautiful muscle car was reduced to a mangled hunk of metal. After that i was taken to the hospital. Where i laid in the trauma center room, crying over the loss of my car and almost loss of my life. I attributed my survival to that car performing exactly how it was intended in that situation I was truly blessed to have the privilege to drive such a beautiful car and thankful for it saving my life.

I will go ahead and apologize for any typo's I have made I didn't proof read it. But all in all. If i was in that situation again I wouldn't rather be in any other car. RIP TASDEVL. Was a good ride.
Attached Images

1BadZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote