View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 04:07 PM   #53
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSNightrod View Post
Really I just want a new Firebird or Trans Am, but that will never happen. I would definitely consider a new GTO as long as it doesn't look like an oversized Cavelier with hood scoops again(awesome interior and motor though). I'll end up buying a Camaro just to have a new F-body. It looks great, and should have no problems selling unlike the GTO. As far as the Mustangs go, my wife has a '65 GT fastback and I love it. The new ones are too commonplace. A lot of new Mustang drivers in my area don't even recognize or acknowledge the '65 as a fellow Stang when we pull up next to them. Where as most Camaro drivers can spot any older Camaro and probably tell you what year it is while giving eachother a thumbs up. Everybody and their mom has one. The F-bodies are enthusiast cars. Mustangs are too mainstream for me.
I have to agree with you there. It does seem that your average Camaro driver is more in tune with the automotive world in general and certainly has a much deeper passion for the car they are driving than the average mustang driver. I think this is a very good thing for the Camaro community as well, but I don't know if it is necessarily a good thing for the Camaro in general. I mean, the Mustang has enjoyed a very long uninterrupted lifecycle, and that is primarily due to the mainstream adoption of the car because we all know that these purchases make up the volume sales. As much as i would love to see the Camaro continue to grow as it is now, I also want the car to be able to stay in production.....
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote